Friday, September 08, 2006

Souq al Hamidiyah

Syria Allah Hamihah - Syria God is protecting it

This is a picture from my first visit to souq al Hamidiyah in the summer of 2006. I was met by this huge bill board with the text: Syria Allah Hamihah. Which it is indeed, inshaAllah.
Check the man running with a rack of clothes. I don't remember noticing him when taking the picture!
This is one amongst many shops that sell spices and weird stuff like dead and dried turtles and other stuff from the ocean. I donĀ“t really know what they are for, and if people buy them, but I have been told that they are used for magic. I hope people will stop doing magic since it is haram and will harm themselves in the end.

One of these boys stopped us and asked for his picture to be taken, when he saw us taking pictures. We said OK, but then he became shy, so we said "ohhh come on!" His friend then came along, and we were allowed to take the photo. Right after, they RAN to the Umayyade mosque to pray salat al Duhr. Sweet or what!?

This is taken in front of the Umayyade Mosque. Look at all the old Roman ruins.

3 Comments:

At 09 September, 2006 11:43, Blogger Karin said...

The pictures are GORGEOUS!! Thanks so much for sharing!
DRIED TURTLES??? OMG ...

Thanks a million for stopping by to say Hi ... that was soooo nice of you!! :)
Hope to see you again!

 
At 11 September, 2006 13:07, Blogger Hasan Bazerbashi said...

Nice photos of Souq el hamadia :) ...

 
At 14 November, 2006 05:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Syria, I wish I took more pictures when I was there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home